Thursday, March 5, 2015

my card#1 woes ASA 5585-X

Okay I found out whymy replacement card  for slot#1 was not working.

http://socpuppet.blogspot.com.es/2015/02/i-found-out-my-ips-reloading-on-asa.html

Cisco TAC sent me  the wrong card, and not once but twice.

It boils down to the RMA creation didn't read the cards model correctly;

 ASA5585-SSP-IPS20

vrs

ASA-SSP-20-K8=


So now I'm relieved on what was the final issues with the card. I knew something wasn't quite right when we inspected the card in that my small daughter board that sits on the left side behind the  drive bay was missing on both newly sent cards.



Ken Felix
NSE ( Network Security Expert) and Route/Switching Engineer.
kfelix  -----a----t---- socpuppets ---dot---com

    ^     ^
=(  !  ! )=
       o 
      /  \

No comments:

Post a Comment