Here's a few interfaces
- Mgt = for management of the device, does not carry user traffic
- loopback = used for dynamic router router-ids
- vlan = 802.1q tagged interfaces
- vwire = uses no switching has a ingress and egress , can be used with vlan-tags
- layer2 = used in vwire carries no layer3 address , has a vlan object define
- latey3 = has either a ipv4 or ipv6 address or both, can be used with 802.1q tags
- PPPoE = used for DSL pppoe services
- TAPs = a passive monitor that's used for inspection and does not route or switch traffic aka as a "one-arm"
note: The "tap" interface policy src and dst zones are always the same.
NSE ( network security expert) and Route/Switching Engineer
kfelix -----a----t---- socpuppets ---dot---com
=( @ @ )=